eyeheartromance

Romancing the Duke
Tessa Dare
SPOILER ALERT!

Dreaming of You

Dreaming of You - Lisa Kleypas This is the first book of the series that I read and I loved it. It has to be one of the best Lisa Kleypas novels that I have read to date.
The premise is that Gothic author Sara Fielding, looking for more material for her next serial accidentally finds a man being attacked and saves him from certain death. This man is Derek Craven, a gambler turned business man/owner of an exclusive London club. And so starts their road to finding love.
I fell in love with Derek Craven the moment I met him. Course, gruff, he is the perfect tortured hero, in my opinion. Kleypas really made him up to be a “gentleman” despite his background and his attitude. I thought the way he was resisting Sara was romantic and this part made me like him more.

The heroine Sara is also a likeable character. Although headstrong, stubborn and naive, I thought she was the perfect pair for the tortured hero. Derek proved himself worthy of Sara’s love by not running after her right away and seducing her. Their one sexual encounter was not even his own doing! I liked the fact that he thought the person was someone else other than Sara, who was masquerading so she could attend a ball held at Craven’s.

Their love story was simple yet believable, especially since both of them are not from the aristocracy. The twist in the end was perfect, with Sara leaving and trying to marry her fiancé and realizing that she had changed and didn’t want to be in a marriage where she was under her fiancé’s mother.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read about tortured heroes.