eyeheartromance

Insurgent
Veronica Roth
Romancing the Duke
Tessa Dare

Lady Northam's Wicked Surrender (Rekindled Passions, 1)

Lady Northam's Wicked Surrender - Vivienne Westlake Rowena and Simon planned to marry years ago but circumstances prevented them not to. Simon went to war and Rowena planned on waiting for him. Unfortunately, she ended up marrying Simon’s bestfriend. Apparently, Rowena’s brother and the Earl of Northam planned it all just for power and connections, hiding all letters that Simon had sent to Rowena.

Simon is back after 6 years of being away and is still in love with her. When he see’s her, he just had to have her and starts seducing her. Rowena feels that she cannot open her heart to Simon because she is still hurt from what she thinks he did years ago. Eventually, she throws caution to the wind and welcomes Simon to her bed.

I thought this book had promise. Loved the premise of lost love, and second chances but the author did not deliver. I know this is a novella but I felt the story just skimmed the surface. For this being rated as an erotic romance, it wasn’t as erotic as I expected it to be. I don’t know if I would read other books in the series, though.