eyeheartromance

Published by HarperCollins on 2013-11-05
Genres: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Format: eBook
Source: Purchased

I was really surprised that I enjoyed Wild (Ivy Chronicles #3) by Sophie Jordan.  So much so that I read the whole series!  I really loved the story of the three best friends: Pepper, Emerson and Georgia!

Foreplay, focuses on Pepper’s love story to bar tender/owner Reece.  When shy Pepper finds out that the love of her life, her best friend’s brother breaks up with his serious girlfriend, she sees it as a sign!  She had been in love with Hunter since she was in high school and now want him all to himself.  But wait!  She has no experience in the flirting department.  Enter a hot bartender from Mulvaney’s rumored to be skilled and free of his uhmm favors.  When Pepper sees him in the bar, she is stunned and is attracted to the hottie bartender and immediately practices her wiles on him.  Incidentally, he is the hottie who helped her with her car when it stalled after her babysitting gig one night.

When Reece agrees to tutor Pepper with foreplay (and more), Pepper starts to fall but she still can’t let go of her love for Hunter, especially now that Hunter has started to notice her.

I love the sparks between Reece and Pepper.  Reece is the perfect badboy/goodboy/experienced older man (not so older though) for Pepper and naturally, they can’t keep their hands off of each other.  I also loved that despite having a bad boy image, Reece is responsible, which I really liked.

Foreplay was a quick and steamy read for me and I enjoyed it.  I was a little annoyed at Pepper a few times but she did redeem herself in the end (she saves a puppy from a fire and almost gets killed in the process).

Sophie Jordan has become a go to crossover author.  I love her historicals and now her new adult books!  I have also read her young adult Firelight series.