eyeheartromance

Veronica Roth
Romancing the Duke
Tessa Dare

A Most Scandalous Proposal

A Most Scandalous Proposal - Ashlyn Macnamara This is Ashlyn Macnamera's debut novel so she is definitely a new to me author. Don't get me wrong, I do love to read new to me authors. In fact, I have discovered a lot of awesome authors this way. However, this story just missed the mark. I read the book knowing this was going to be about Miss Julia St. Claire but instead, I was reading about the sister Sophia meeting another guy! I mean, I just barely started reading and by the time I reached Chapter 3, I was totally confused about where this story was headed.

True, there are books that have two romance stories in them, one being a minor romance in the book but I usually read about their romance in the middle of the book after the romance of the main characters have been developed and usually not before. That being said, this just fell short for me. I expected to read about the characters mentioned in the book as the main characters and not about the sister, Sophia (which I thought was a bit of a flake).

This is a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate/Did Not Finish) for me. I may revisit this book at a later time but I won't hold my breath. I expected to be captured by the story by the time I reach the second chapter but this really missed the mark.