eyeheartromance

Insurgent
Veronica Roth
Romancing the Duke
Tessa Dare

Pleasuring The Lady (The Pleasure Wars, #2)

Pleasuring The Lady (The Pleasure Wars, #2) - Jess Michaels Pleasuring the Lady is the second book in the Pleasure Wars Series. We met Lady Portia in Taken by the Duke and Miles Weatherfield in An Introduction to Pleasure. Initially, I thought Portia and Liam would pair off but it was not to be. I was a little bit disappointed but after reading Pleasuring the Lady and reading how Miles and Portia fell in love, I changed my mind. I know now that Portia and Liam would not be a good match.

The story starts after Ava has married Christian with Liam not talking to his sister Ava. Ava, worried about her brother mentions this to her best friend Portia. Because Ava helped Portia before, Portia agrees to look for him. Having heard that Liam was last seen at the notorious Donville Masquerade, Portia decides to go.

At the masquerade, Marquis Miles Weatherfield spots a masked beauty and is instantly drawn to her. Portia tries to avoid him because she is afraid that he would recognize her since Miles was her brother’s mate years ago although they aren't friends anymore. She doesn't have any luck at finding Liam so she returns to the Masquerade. She ends up getting saved by Miles from a drunk gentleman at the party then they get caught by Portia’s brother in a very compromising situation. To save her reputation, Miles decides to marry her.

Before the wedding, we find out that Portia’s mother has a form of Alzheimer's dementia (although it is not mentioned in the book but it does seem like it) and that her brother is threatening to commit her to an asylum. Portia strikes up a bargain with Miles that she would do anything he wanted or demanded in bed just so her mother would not be committed. Unbeknownst to her, Miles had already thought of supporting Portia and her mother but he agrees to Portia’s bargain anyway.

Once they are married, both of them can’t keep their hands off each other and they start to fall in love. Miles, scarred by a previous experience is scared of history repeating itself and does not open to Portia as much. He also tries to set her up with someone else of his choosing to hide his insecurities. In the end, he is able to overcome his fears and open his heart to Portia.

I love Portia and Miles’ story. I thought Portia was the perfect woman to save Miles from his depravity. With Portia being so innocent, I felt it was the perfect fit for Miles. I also loved Portia’s transformation from being timid and shy to a strong woman worthy of Miles’ love.

I recommend this story to those who love erotic romance, redemption, and strong heroines.